Warbird AirShow Website • VAC FlyOver Request Form
A signed copy of the Annual Pilot Hold Harmless Agreement
must be on file before you participate in any V.A.C. flying activities
VALIANT AIR COMMAND FORMATION FLYING MISSION STATEMENTThe Valiant Air Command is a volunteer organization that exists for the purpose of finding, restoring, preserving, and displaying the history of United States Military Aviation. One of the ways it accomplishes this mission is by hosting the annual TICO Warbird Airshow.
In order to give our membership the opportunity to fly formation in this and other events, the VAC keeps records of its members who have completed the requirements set down by the Formation And Safety Team (FAST) in compliance with the FAA regulations for flying formation in waivered airspace.
The VAC subscribes and adheres to the FAST program to promote safe formation flying. The VAC will host various formation flying activities to further the FAST Goals.
As a signatory organization to FAST, the VAC issues formation qualification cards to its members who meet the FAST and VAC requirements.
The VAC hosts many activities, for members and non-members, forums, clinics, tours, static displays, dinners, and etc.
VAC Formation Flying Policy Statement June 14, 2005The Valiant Air Command exists because of its members. As with all Valiant Air Command activities, all members and guests are encouraged to participate in all VAC activities. The Valiant Air Command Operations Officer conducts all flying activities, after Board of Director approval.
To request or exercise the privileges of a VAC FAST formation card all individuals must:
- Be a current member of the VAC.
- Successfully complete a VAC approved FAST ground school.
- Have a current FAST Formation Proficiency Report or FAST Flight Evaluation on file with the VAC Operations Officer.
- Sign and submit a VAC Hold Harmless Agreement, annually.
- Attend at least one VAC approved FAST Clinic annually.
- Agree to, adhere to and abide by the formation flying standards as set down by FAST, when exercising the privileges of a VAC Formation Card.
- Submit the proper fees, annually.
- Be approved by the VAC Operations Officer.
- Other policies may be set forth, and changed, from time to time.
Pilots that even think they might attend the 2011 airshow in March, with an aircraft,
even static display, should fill out the registration form and get your name on the list.